Defending the rights of the poor and needy... Proverbs 31:9b
Facing Up to Abortion and the Pain It Brings
The Southern California Defending Life Conference is a 2-day conference in the Los Angeles area on September 6th-7th, 2019.
What Is This Conference About?
Our keynote speakers are leading the way, finding inroads to protect human life and heal the scars scars that abortion leaves behind.
Our 17 breakaway presenters are experts in theology, psychology, social work, and apologetics, while others have intimate experience with abortion.
We come together to learn, to build each other up, and to figure out how to reach out in our daily lives and engage our friends, neighbors, and those in need.
We often approach the issue of abortion as citizens —
- Attempting to change laws
- Overturning court decisions
- Protesting and marching to attract media attention
But when we come together as Christians…
- Serving our neighbors
- Building each other up
- Trusting in God’s promises
…we can touch each person we encounter. We can meet each discussion that comes up about abortion with God’s truth–in love. We can provide real help and concern for each situation. We can change hearts and minds by serving those who God places in our path.
Simple conversations that spring up as we talk to our friends, a listening ear and embrace for those who grieve, and authentic ways of helping those who feel so alone when faced with a pregnancy…can all become ways of changing hearts and minds in favor of human life.
We come together as Christians to ready ourselves for these situations, so that we are prepared to serve, hoping to save lives and share the mercy that Christ gives to us all.
Who Are We?
The Southern California Defending Life Conference is made possible by a grant from the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod‘s Office of National Mission.
The LCMS confesses:
- The historic Christian Trinitarian faith: That God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Three Persons, one God.
- That Jesus Christ is the Son of God — True God and True Man. He died on the cross and rose from the dead, redeeming all who believe from eternal damnation.
- That the Holy Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
- As redeemed Christians, we seek to spread the Good News of Christ’s salvation, and to serve our neighbor–showing God’s love to all.
But that doesn’t mean this conference is only for Lutherans.
We all need to come together and learn what we can do to reach out to love our neighbors and prevent unnecessary tragedy.
Not Sure About Your Schedule on Sept. 6-7th?
Stay in touch by signing up for our email list. We'll keep you up to date.